These days many traditional and new marketing guys are trying to learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Most people ask me how I got to know all these SEO secrets. First things first, There are no secrets in SEO, It’s all about update your knowledge when Google algorithm changes. My first advice is downloading Googles Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide. Google always update this SEO starter guide. This is the table of content of the Google SEO starter guide.
Create unique, accurate page titles
Make use of the “description” meta tag
Improving Site Structure
Improve the structure of your URLs
Make your site easier to navigate
Offer quality content and services
Write better anchor text
Optimize your use of images
Use heading tags appropriately
Dealing with Crawlers
Make effective use of robots.txt
Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
SEO for Mobile Phones
Notify Google of mobile sites
Guide mobile users accurately
Promotions and Analysis
Promote your website in the right ways
This book comes with small but very useful Tips. Here are some of my favorites
- For navigation, the focus should be on simplicity and ease of use!
- Improving content and services should be a priority, regardless of the type of website!
- Both users and search engines like anchor text that is easy to understand!
- Learn how to optimize images on your site!
- Make sure your mobile site is properly recognized by Google so that searchers can find it.
- If you think reading is not for you. Use http://www.feedthebot.com/ this is the Single and most comprehensive tool to see your website is following Google Webmaster guidelines or not.